Pastoral Services & Chapel
The Pastoral Care team cares for a wide range of spiritual needs and spiritual injuries, providing a sensitive and inclusive ministry in health crises. This team consists of approximately 160 representatives from most faith groups in Bermuda. They lead regular interfaith services in the hospital chapel and provide on-call spiritual support for patients, their families, caregivers and staff. The team is available for:
- Pastoral care and counselling
- Spiritual assessment, intervention, comfort, and nurture
- Facilitation and support of religious practices of all faiths and spiritual paths
- Emotional support
- Non-judgmental listening
- Crisis intervention
- Advocacy for patients and staff
- Collaboration with all members of the health care team
- Consultations on advanced directives, end-of-life decisions, and ethical issues
The Chapel is open daily from 8:00am to 8:00pm for meditation. It is located on the second floor of the Continuing Care wing. A Security Guard can admit you after hours, please contact 441-239-1999 or extension 1999.
Chapel Services are held:
If you need to contact a member of the Pastoral Care team, please inform your nurse or you may contact extension 2134 or 441-239-2134 between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.