Our first BHB-wide electronic medical record (EMR) launched on 29 October 2022. Staff have named the system PEARL – Patient Electronic & Administrative Records Log.
PEARL holds all your medical information in one electronic record. There is no more waiting for paper records or results, with all the information you and your healthcare team need to manage your care when you need services at KEMH, MWI or the Lamb Foggo Urgent Care Centre.
PEARL is a tool for our staff to deliver safer, higher quality care across services, but please be patient in the first few weeks after go-live, as our staff put all their system training into practice.
More information about PEARL
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Project background and overview
- Media Release (October 2022)
- Media Release (September 2022)
- Media Release (December 2021)
- PEARL poster
- PEARL helps BHB clinicians access information more efficiently
- PEARL improves safety of care at BHB
- PEARL changes how BHB staff deliver care
- PEARL improves the care experience for you
- PEARL and confidentiality
- PEARL and how we manage in system downtimes
- PEARL and services in the first two weeks of go-live
- CEO & President, Dr Mike Richmond, sees PEARL as the beginning of an exciting journey
- Chief of Staff, Dr Wesley Miller, explains how PEARL helps people accessing emergency services
- CFO, Bill Shields, gives an overview of how PEARL will transform care
- Chief of Nursing, Judy Richardson, explains how PEARL will help nurses spend more time with patients
- VP Quality & Patient Safety, Lynnette Bean, says PEARL will help us respond faster to safety issues
- VP Acute & Ambulatory, Norma Smith, talks about how PEARL helps us manage beds
- VP Clinical Operations (KEMH), Sita Ingram, discusses how PEARL helps us work together
- Director Mental Health Services, Karen Grant-Simmons, talks about how PEARL improves care for her patients
- MWI Clinical Educator, Risha Sookoo, explains how PEARL will streamline care for patients in crisis in the community
- VP Operational Finance, Shkysi Cummings, talks about cost savings from using PEARL
If you have any questions about PEARL, please email email@example.com or speak to your BHB care team in the department you are attending.