Outpatient Dietetic Services
Physiotherapy Clinic, Ground Floor, General Wing, KEMH
8am to 4pm Monday to Friday
Tel: (441) 239-2114 Fax: (441) 239-2062
Registered clinical dietitians are involved in programmes throughout the hospitals. They provide nutrition screening, assessment, intervention and counselling for both outpatients and inpatients, helping patients adapt to diets appropriate to their individual and medical needs.
Outpatient Dietetic Services provides support to individuals who want to develop healthy eating habits or have concerns about:
- Digestive system diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases (e.g. high cholesterol, high blood pressure)
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Kidney disease
- Enteral or parenteral feeding (patients who are fed through a tube)
- Diabetes or high blood sugar (located at the DREAM Centre)
A doctor’s referral is required for a consultation with a dietitian. Outpatient Dietetic Services are covered as a standard hospital benefit depending on the type of insurance policy you have. You are responsible for any outstanding amounts. Please check your individual policy for details.
Initial appointments are usually 90 minutes long, and follow-up appointments are usually 30 minutes.