What to Bring on Admission
- Pre-admission package, if you received one during your pre-admission assessment
- Identification and insurance information
- All your prescription drugs and herbal remedies
- Toiletries including toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, soap, powder, shampoo, deodorant, skin creams, sanitary napkins, breast pads, disposable diapers (if required)
- Hair dryer, razor
- Housecoat, slippers, underwear, socks and shoes
- Child’s favourite toy or blanket (if required)
- Money for telephone (40 calls for $20) and television ($13/day, $65/week) access
What not to Bring
- Personal electrical appliances (except hair dryer and razor)
- Valuables such as jewellery, credit cards, large sums of money or anything of sentimental value, we recommend that you keep no more than $5.00 to $10.00 at your bedside
- Non-prescription drugs
- Fragrances such as perfume, aftershave, lotions, etc.
- Potted plants
Hearing aids, dentures, contact lenses and glasses must be removed before surgery.
Should you lose an item, please notify the nurse manager on your ward.