Before you apply, please see below.
External Job Applicants | Bermuda Hospitals Board
- 1A registered nurse
Before you apply, please read the three items below
1. Applicable ONLY to those applicants with English as a second language.
The Bermuda Nursing Council requires that you provide evidence of successful completion of an internationally recognised English proficiency exam, depending on your country of origin.
Minimum required for English Proficiency Scores:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): An overall score of 560 for the written TOEFL is acceptable, or 250 for the Computer Based Test (CBT).
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): A score of 7.0 in each of the four categories of “Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking” is required.
If this applies to you, and you are contacted for an interview , please note that you will be required to submit a copy of your TOEFL or IELTS results.
2. Applicable to ALL applicants.
Successful applicants are required to be registered by the Bermuda Nursing and Midwifery Council. If you are not already registered with the Bermuda Nursing and Midwifery Council, please click here to download an application form. If you are offered a position with BHB, it is critical that you forward your registration application to the Bermuda Nursing and Midwifery Council immediately. The Bermuda Nursing and Midwifery Council can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (441) 292-0774.
3. Applicable to ALL applicants:
Please view our registered nursing employment opportunities below.
- 2Another professional healthcare provider who may require registration to work in Bermuda
Information regarding mandatory registration requirements for healthcare professions in Bermuda
If you are offered a position at Bermuda Hospitals Board, and you are qualified in one of the following professions, please click on the applicable link below for the application for registration. This application must be completed and sent directly to the respective organisation. The professions listed below require registration in Bermuda for you to be employed.
If you are qualified in one of the following professions and you are already registered to work in Bermuda, please return to search our employment opportunities below.
- 3An applicant with English as a second language
Information regarding English proficiency requirements applicable to physicians, medical laboratory technologists and registered nurses:
Please note that if English is your second language and you are a healthcare professional in one of the above professions, you may be required to show evidence of successful completion of an internationally recognised English proficiency exam, depending on your country of origin. This is a requirement of the Bermuda Nursing Council, Bermuda Medical Council and Board of Medical Laboratory Technologists.
Search our employment opportunities below.